What Are Intruders Looking For03/01/2014 Back To Blog
Try to get to an intruder's shoes for a minute and picture that you are standing in front of your garage door. This is the best way to observe the weaknesses of your security at home and which points need reinforcement and further protection. At first, many things seem trivial, but when you are crossing on the other side getting into the intruders' minds, you can definitely understand that what seemed to be trivial before, it's actually very important.
Do you make their lives easier without your knowledge?
* The windows on your garage doors are an excellent decorative idea, but it can make your house more vulnerable if they allow pedestrians to look inside. That's why you should choose milk glass making your private world invisible and the life of the intruders more difficult.
* Don't ever leave the door open, especially during the night. If you forget to close it, install a timer as a reminder. If the door doesn't close due the problematic openers or other damaged parts, don't wait forever before you take care of the problems.
* Don't ever park your car outside, especially without locking it first. Intruders only need seconds to break into vehicles and, besides, why do you have a garage for?
* Take care of the remote controls and never leave them on plain sight because they can be stolen easily.
* Garage door maintenance is vital to take place on a regular basis because it will give you the chance to detect weak points, replace the bottom seal and fix the problematic parts, which may cause problems and keep the door open.
* Your garage door is the first line of defense for your house, but you must always have a plan B as well. You must make sure the entry door to your house is always locked and has a peephole.
* Place many lights around the garage because the darkness is your worst enemy and the best friend of intruders. Don't keep your wallet sealed when it comes to home security matters unless you want to see an intruder driving by with your car.